Need an editor? Ironclad Writing offers a wide range of editing services to help you say what you mean, and mean what you say, free of typographical trip-ups.
Your spelling will be spotless, your grammar will be gleaming, and your punctuation will be polished!
Your words are worth it.
An editor will review for correctness, accuracy, consistency and completeness. This includes:
Checking grammar, punctuation, spelling, and usage
Ensuring consistency and continuity throughout
Editing tables, figures, and lists
Preparing a style sheet, or applying a provided style sheet
Reviewing other items on an as-needed basis (localization, citations, measurements, indexes, etc.)
Working with you to resolve inconsistencies, questions, and issues arising out of the editing process
An editor will review material that is already in its final format, to ensure there are no typographical or visual errors before it is printed or published. This includes:
- Checking for simple spelling / punctuation errors, or other mechanical mistakes
- Reviewing the document for consistency and accuracy in design, as well as simple elements like page numbers, cross-references web links, etc.
- Working with you to resolve any questions and issues arising out of the proofreading process
Structural / substantive editing
An editor will review your submitted work and advise on ways to improve organization and content. This includes:
Revising or rearranging content
Suggesting clarifications, cuts, or additions to improve content
writing original content where necessary
Working with you to resolve any questions or issues arising out of the editing process
An editor will review your submitted work to ensure it is clear and coherent, flows well, and meets the needs of the intended audience. This includes:
- Ensuring consistent tone, mood, and style, while maintaining your authorial voice
- Checking the language level for the audience and purpose of the work
- Reviewing and revising jargon, euphemisms and clichés where appropriate
- Reviewing and adjusting sentence and paragraph length
- Working with you to answer any questions or issues arising out of the editing process